- Comprehensive Workplace First Aid
- Resuscitation Level 3 - 4
- Workplace First Aid (units 26551 & 26552)
- Workplace First Aid Recertification
- Outdoors First Aid
- Scenario Training
- Defibrillator Training
- Basic Life Support plus Defib
- New Parents Course
- Child First Aid
- Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- First Aid Talks
- STAR & Gateway courses for schools
- Basic First Aid
- Health & Safety
STAR & Gateway courses for schools
Both course can be delivered in 1 day class time.
Holding a First Aid certificate can be preferred by future employers therefore increasing the availability of employment for many students.
Specific topics covered include:
- Department of Labour guidelines
- Accident scene assessment & management
- Safety & Barriers
- Primary Assessment
- CPR - adult /child / infant
- Choking - adult /child / infant - Conscious and Unconscious
- External and Internal bleeding
- Shock & Recovery Position & Heart Attack
- Burns & scalds
- Fractures & dislocations
- Head, neck & spinal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries - sprains & strains
- Heat exposure
- Manage first aid in emergency situations overview
Group sessions can be arranged at your school at a fantastic discounted price.
NZQA Unit Standards:
MediTrain is a registered Private Training Establishment (PTE) providing First Aid Training nationwide. Our MediTrain First Aid Courses are recognised by OSH as a Workplace First Aid Course and are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and the Ministry of Education.
The Unit Standards associated with this course are:
- 6400 - Manage first aid in emergency situations (level 3, 2 credits).
- 6401 - Provide first aid (level 2, 1 credit).
- 6402 - Provide resuscitation level 2 (level 1, 1 credit).
- 26551 - Provide first aid for life threatening conditions (level 2, Credits 1)
- 26552 - Demonstrate knowledge of common first aid conditions and how to respond to them (Level 2, Credits 1)
Book this Course