- Comprehensive Workplace First Aid
- Resuscitation Level 3 - 4
- Workplace First Aid (units 26551 & 26552)
- Workplace First Aid Recertification
- Outdoors First Aid
- Scenario Training
- Defibrillator Training
- Basic Life Support plus Defib
- New Parents Course
- Child First Aid
- Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- First Aid Talks
- STAR & Gateway courses for schools
- Basic First Aid
Comprehensive Workplace First Aid
This course is designed to motivate and train anyone to be the first responder and to provide immediate first aid assistance in any situation. Attendees are trained to a high standard of patient care with both instructor and peer assessment throughout the 12 hour course (8 hours class time & completion of the student learning pack). All courses are delivered in easy to understand terms so that participants leave feeling confident and have the fear removed from first aid.
Specific topics covered include:
- Department of Labour guidelines
- Accident scene assessment & management
- Safety & Barriers
- Primary Assessment
- CPR - adult /child / infant
- Choking - adult /child / infant - Conscious and Unconscious
- External and Internal bleeding
- Shock & Recovery Position & Heart Attack
- Burns & scalds
- Fractures & dislocations
- Head, neck & spinal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries - sprains & strains
- Heat exposure
- Manage first aid in emergency situations overview
NZQA Unit Standards:
MediTrain is a registered Private Training Establishment (PTE) providing First Aid Training nationwide. Our MediTrain First Aid Courses are recognised by OSH as a Workplace First Aid Course and are accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and the Ministry of Education.
- 6400 - Manage first aid in emergency situations (level 3, 2 credits).
- 6401 - Provide first aid (level 2, 1 credit).
- 6402 - Provide resuscitation level 2 (level 1, 1 credit).
Full Course: $200.00
Book this Course